- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
As a reminder, construction is continuing on the Providence at Kingdom Heights (“Providence”) section of the subdivision.
The Providence is located south of Kingdom Heights Section One and will tie-in to the existing streets within that section. Specifically, Wembley Way and Foxgate Drive at Carnaby Lane.
As part of the construction for the Providence, fill material is to be imported to the site. To reduce the disruption within the existing neighborhoods the fill material will be brought in utilizing the existing top of levee as a haul route. The top of levee was used as a haul route during the original construction of the levee and will not negatively affect the performance of the levee system.
An onsite inspector and geotechnical testing lab will be present during the import of fill and upon completion the Contractor will restore the levee to pre-project conditions or better. In addition, the top of levee will be surveyed to verify there was no negative impact to the levee height. The Contractor has been instructed to only utilize the levee haul route during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
The importing of fill material is scheduled to take up to six weeks.